Thursday, July 7, 2011

Surgery Day

Tuesday 5th, 5:45am...heading to the surgery center
We arrived at the surgery center around 7am.  They brought me back (mom too) to the pre-op room where the nurse had me change into a robe, surgical underwear that were 4 sizes to big for me, and warm purple socks with little puppy paw prints on them.
Next, they pumped liquids through my IV to get me to pee...they had to do a pregnancy test before the surgery.  I had plenty of comedic material in response to that.  Dr. Mentz came in very excited and chipper and asked if I was ready to have some fun.  Then he drew all over my face with a purple marker that I/m still trying to remove.
I peed into the little cup, the nurse came and said, "Congratulations, you're not pregnant," then I walked myself into the surgery room.  Holy crap that place was kinds scary.  I really wanted to walk around the room and ask what all the stuff was for, but instead they laid me down and ran warm fluid up my arm.  That's the last thing I remember until I woke up.  The nurse told my parents that she said my name and the first thing I said back was, "I have to pee."

**The following pictures are from right after surgery.  Lori, you may want to stop here!**

I don't at all remember the drive home.  I just slept and mom and dad kept ice on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment