Monday, July 11, 2011

Friends, I'm okay...

I've been getting calls and texts from some of you making sure I'm okay because I haven't blogged in days. I'm doing great...finally!  There were a few days there that I avoided mirrors and wouldn't let dad take any pictures because my left eye was so swollen it gave me a stomach ache to look at it.  I will add some pics at the end of this entry!

Now that I am not taking so many drugs...only taking tylenol for pain except at bedtime, I can be a bit more verbal as to what surgery and the last week has been like.  I had 4 total procedures done, one being a surprise bonus the Dr. threw in during surgery.  I had liposuction under my chin and jaw line, a brow lift, my ears pinned back, fat grafting in my lips and around my mouth (which came with its own special surprise after surgery), and he decided during surgery to do some deep liposuction in my cheeks.  For the fat grafting, he took fat out of my thighs...both unexpected and painful.  I couldn't understand the entire ride home why my thighs hurt so bad.  The cheek liposuction explains why my face looks like the state puff marshmallow man.

Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday I was totally out of it...never even making it downstairs.  Thursday I felt better and had a bit of an appetite.  The first two days I lived on graham crackers.  Friday my eye swelled and I spiraled into a bit of a pity party.  My parents celebrated their 33rd anniversary by eating take-out mexican food (I had a serious craving for cheese enchiladas and rice and I ate every bite) and watching Fools Gold with me.  Needless to say, I owe them!  Since then, I've been an eating machine!!

My days consist of waking up around 8:00.  Taking first 2 medications. Eating breakfast.  Taking morning vitamins.  Lay down for a nap and get iced.  Get up and take 2 more medications.  Take a shower.  Eat lunch.  Sit in chair and watch TV while getting iced.  Take more meds.  Eat dinner.  TAke more meds.  Sit in chair and watch TV and get iced.  Take more meds.  Go to bed and get iced.  Needless to say, I'm pretty sick of ice and sitting.  I do make some walking laps around the house, up and down the stairs, but it's not really the same.

I go back to the Dr. Wednesday at 12:30.  I'm hoping he tells me I don't have to wear the head/chin wrap 24 hours a day anymore because this thing is making me crazy!!

Ok, enough blah, blah, blah! Time for pics!  Lori, I think they are all okay for you to see.
The first two are from Thursday, I think...
The next few were taken this morning...My face is very yellow right now.  Very attractive, I know!
Parts of my ears are still pretty numb and swollen.  I can actually feel the nerve endings reattaching.  I get these tingly feelings running from my ear down my neck.
My neck is really that yellow.  It's not lighting in the room.  The bruising is working its way down my face and neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment